Training and Challenges
Training and Challenges
Training begins on the 5th May, 7pm at the Hope Village Sports Field, at the foot of Lose Hill, with a coached session on hill running technique for all abilities. For those who fancy something more demanding – then Stuart Bond will be on hand to take you through one of his weekly ‘Hill Sessions’ and they are tough. Probably not what you would expect! So there will be something for everyone.
This is all geared towards one thing, the Accelerate Inov-8 Lose Hill Challenge on the 20th May, 7pm from the same venue. This will be a timed individual challenge and not a race. Every runner makes their attempt on their own, against the clock with the last runner setting off at 8pm, or thereabouts.
There is plenty going on this May, so to find out more details about how you can ‘Accelerate Your Running’, click Here >>
From 6.45 at the Sports Field Pavillion in Hope (opposite the school on the main road A6187 through Hope). There is no cost for the Lose Hill Challenge. You will be directed to the start point, a 10 minute jog, and the starters will set you off individually at timed intervals. Finish timers will be at the summit to record your finish time. Timings will be taken back to the sports Pavillion for you to compare and deliberate.
Guidelines and Rules:
- Attempts can be made between 7.15pm and 8pm, it is an individual challenge not a race, against the clock, so bring your best hill climbing legs.
- Be sensible with what you have on your feet. Grip is a good idea, as is carrying a warm top or rain jacket for the run back down. You can chill out back at the sports pavillion with a cuppa and a biscuit later.
- Everyone makes the attempt at their own risk and should be self sufficient on the hill – so don’t forget your picnic, especially the flask of tea for sharing with the marshalls.
- Grimacing is not allowed, only smiling – so enjoy yourself, OK!
- The person in charge has the final say in all matters and results will be posted on this page as soon as we can. Bribery will be discouraged!
- The good folk at Inov-8 have kindly donated the prizes as part of the Gritstone Series, so be nice to them.
- You need to know the route, this is part of the challenge!
If there is enough interest in this Challenge then we are looking to add it the calendar and use it as a means of raising money for local charities.
In the meantime we have set up a Strava page for anyone who would like to make an attempt and see how they compare… let us know how you get on. Just scroll down the Strava insert for the Women’s leader board. Good Luck!
For the Inov-8 Lose Hill Challenge on May 20th Inov-8 will be providing the leading Male and Female ‘Lose Hill Ascenders’ with a worthy prize from their stable of specialist fell and trail running products.