BIG Running Weekend 2023
6th-8th of October 2023, Save the date.
Early bird entry before the 1st of September and save £5!
The Big Running Weekend in all its glory. Starting on Friday night with a led runs and a talk from a guest speaker to get you inspired for a weekend full of all the running goodness you can get. Saturday and Sunday there will be led runs, family sessions with running games, technique, and coached sessions. As always the regular groups that happen each week - WoodRun, Accelerate Trail Runners, and Running Past50 - will be hosting their own mix of running and coached sessions.
- The highlights of the weekend will include:
- Led Runs over the Blue Route (5k and 9k), and Red Route (14k).
- The ever popular Up and Down Hill Running Technique coached sessions.
- Evening talks with fantastic guest speakers.
- New this year will be an update to the Family WoodRun - The Games We Play. This should be total madness and much fun from what I hear.
- Another new one... For those that run for headspace a led run exploring the mindful benefits of running.
As ever there will be the opportunity to try kit and gear from a select number of key brands that continue to support The BIG Running Weekend. We are close to finalising the day's program and we will bring this to you as soon as we can - we are just checking with all the Run Leaders and Session Coaches that we have everything in order.
The cost for the weekend is £30 per person, £25 if booked before the 1st of September, with under 16 family members going free. You can join in with as much or as little as you like on the day.
The Big Running Weekend will be held at the J G Graves Woodland Discovery Centre, Ecclesall Woods, Abbey Lane, Sheffield S7 2QZ.
Find out more from Accelerate
Do you have a question about this product? ask us about it