With an extensive range of inov-8 product on our walls, we know the brand like the back of our hands. Instore we have t-shirts, shorts, vests, leggings, windproofs, waterproof tops and bottoms. We also stock caps and multi-use buffs.
For 10 years, Team Accelerate have used and enjoyed a wide variety of Inov-8 footwear, clothing, packs and accessories.
Shopping with us allows us to help you identify the correct product, in the ideal size, with just the right fit. As well as this, we will provide you with the knowledge of how to look after each product to get the best out of it and be able to use it to your advantage. Visiting Accelerate provides the opportunity to make an informed decision and have confidence in your choice.
"Everything inov-8 does is designed to celebrate the grit and glory of the committed athlete".
Inov-8 are a UK company and in the 10 years since they appeared, have amazed the off-road running community with their incredible grip, comfort and dedication to 'natural' running. Through a range of 'low drop' footwear and impressive selection of running packs and accessories, plus an expanding selection of lightweight all weather clothing, they continue to develop their products. Their shoes boast what we would argue to be the grippiest outsoles available.
inov-8, the environment & climate change
The environment matters to us
We recognise that in order to be a successful business, we have to be realistic in the steps that we take to make the best outdoor shoes and clothing in the world. But that doesn't stop us finding practical and creative solutions to environmental protection issues wherever we can. Our first priority is to understand where we should focus our attention so the environmental impact of our products is as low as possible. We then find practical and creative solutions in our search for improvements, especially in those areas that we feel matter most. Our approach takes a lot of effort and incurs a financial cost, but, more often than not, we have found that having concern for the environment leads us to smarter ways of working that actually save money while reducing our environmental impact.
Understanding our ‘Ecological Footprint'
inov-8 wanted to know where we could look for changes so our activities would have the lowest environmental impact possible. To do this we set up an environmental “audit system” to investigate every aspect of our business, using the technique of ecological footprinting. Ecological footprinting expresses the environmental impact of every aspect of our products and activity as an equivalent area of the earth's surface that would be required, in a sustainable world, to regenerate the resources that are used for our products and activities.
Summary of our ecological footprint impact
Overall, 65% of inov-8's carbon footprint resulted from staff travel. Overseas flights accounted for most of this. Car journeys were also significant.
- Freight is responsible for just 16% of our total carbon footprint.
- The shoe materials themselves and their manufacture account for only 14% of our total impact. They are lightweight shoes made from lightweight materials that produce the minimum of waste.
- Careful shoe box design has meant that packaging only accounts for less than 3% of our total impact.
- Our lean offices and warehouse facilities account just 1.4% of the total.
Current Practical Steps
- Renewable Electricity: inov-8 will be investigating the possibility of using electricity that comes from 100% renewable sources for our office and warehouse facilities.
- Reduced impact freight: At inov-8, only urgent samples are transported by air. We have reduced road freight by shipping directly from the factories nearest local seaport. This has reduced over 1000 miles of road travel.
- Low use of cars: At inov-8 we keep car usage to a minimum. We avoid issuing personal company cars and encourage our staff to find alternative methods of travel and transportation.
- Lean, green packaging: We use lightweight shoe boxes made from recycled materials and are recyclable. The local school even uses some of them for storing craft materials. We keep print on the boxes to a minimum reducing the use of chemical inks. We are currently investigating improvements to our bulk boxes and exploring ways of cutting out the use of boxes altogether.
- Smart after-sales. Any shoes that are returned to shops (and we don't get many) are assessed using digital photography wherever possible. This saves, time, transportation and postage and reduces CO 2 emissions.
- Minimising materials wastage: We have cut rubber and plastic waste to an absolute minimum of our total usage. We have reduced our EVA wastage to a minimum which is then recycled and used in the manufacture of children's footwear.
- Recycling: In our office, paper and card are recycled along with the shoe boxes, of course.
Outside of Design & Manufacturing
inov-8 are proud to support Fix The Fells as a local charity. Fix The Fells cares for the Lake District's fell and mountain paths. Its rangers and volunteers work tirelessly to protect the spectacular Lakeland fells from erosion by repairing and maintaining more than 250 upland paths.