- The race will start and finish at Curbar Primary School, Calver Bridge, S32 3XA
- Saturday 5th October 2019, £7 entry fee (£6 pre entry) minimum age 18/maximum number of runners 350
- 10am start – registration from 8.30am
- Category BM, 9.8 miles/415 metres ascent
- Runners must arrive on the start line by 9.45am so we can complete a briefing, headcount and kit checks as appropriate
- For any reason you decide to not take part after you have registered please inform organisers ASAP
- Limited car parking will be available at various sites in the area
- Toilets will be available and belongings can be left at registration
- Please bring full kit as required by FRA rules. A decision will be made on the day regarding what must be carried. ‘Best practice is to carry FRA Mandatory Minimum Kit, but specific requirements are at the Race Organiser’s discretion’. Note: FRA Mandatory Minimum Kit (for Long A, Medium A and Long B races) comprises: waterproof whole body cover (with taped seams and integrated attached hood) + hat + gloves + map + compass + whistle + emergency food
- All competitors should be aware and adhere to the FRA rules which are available on the FRA website http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/ These will also be available at the race.
- The race is suitable for novices but some fell running experience is recommended
- The weather forecast for the race will be displayed on the day
- A map of the route will be displayed on the day
- A copy of the safety check list will be displayed on the day
- A hypothermia leaflet will be displayed on the day
- The race will be well marked and marshalled; one marshal will sweep the route behind the last runner
- Drinks and cakes will be provided at the end of the race
- Prizes will be available for first male/first female, first vets +40, first vets +50, first vets +60. +70 and first locals (i.e. residents of Calver, Curbar & Froggatt)
- All monies raised go to Curbar Primary School
Around a good while, but more recently added to the Gritstone Series as one of the ‘long’ events and boy has it become popular! Perhaps because of the access or the relatively easy 9.8 miles (as opposed to the even longer stuff later in October). Back again this weekend (Sat) and likely to be wetter than an Otter’s pocket!
The race starts and finishes at Curbar Primary School, S32 3XA. It is 9.8 miles long and covers a variety of tracks and paths through Curbar, Frogatt and Baslow. Marshalls will be in place around the course and will be well marked. There are two road crossings to be aware of, one at the beginning of the race on Bar Road and another over Clodhall Lane. After the Bar Road crossing you will cover a section of The Green, Curbar. All will be marshalled however please be extremely cautious as the roads are not closed. You will also negotiate a number of gates and stiles in the race. Please do not cross walls or fences and be respectful of the surroundings. You may encounter cattle and horses on the route, again please be extremely cautious if this situation arises. The route is the same as recent years.
Entry on the day is £7 but pre entry is available at a reduced price of £6. Please note that only forms and money received before 30th September 2019 will be accepted. All payments must be clearly marked with runners details.
Online entry is available via payment to Curbar Primary PTA Sort code 40-09-30 Account number 21061186 and emailing the entry form to the email@example.com
Or you can fill in the entry form below and send a cheque to Curbar Primary School at:
Curbar Primary School
Please find the application from by following this link: fell race entry form 2019 Data compliant
The race is part of the ‘Gritstone Series’, details of which can be found at: www.gritstoneseries.co.uk
If anyone has any queries please contact the event organiser, Helen Walton, on 07968561519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates regarding the race can be found on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/The-Curbar-Commotion-Fell-Race-665058120255420/
Please find information about parking for the event at this link (clearer image) and see below: large parking map