Last minute nutrition tips for marathons
London Marathon is on Sunday! Here are my top tips for last minute preparation in terms of nutrition:
- Check what is available to eat the night before if you’re staying away
- Plan breakfast and make sure you can eat what you would normally eat wherever you are staying. Don’t try something new as you don’t know how your body will react
- Make sure you know which gels you will be using and have tried them out. Gels and energy drinks can sometimes upset stomachs so if you plan to use them, make sure you have run with them
- Over the next few days, drink plenty of water (approx 2 litres per day) but be careful not too over hydrate which can cause problems on race day
- Start eating well now if you haven’t already been doing so. Pack plenty of vegetables into meals and choose lean source of protein, avoid takeaways and excessive alcohol as well as lots of sugar. Sugar can affect the immune system for up to 24 hours after eating out making you more susceptible to picking up germs.
A healthy alternative to ready meals and takeaways
Got a question? Email email@example.com
About Guest Blogger
Special Guests who love to run and have something to say. Running, kit and gear, racing and adventures... anything goes, thank goodness!
View all posts by Guest Blogger
This entry was posted in Nutrition and tagged London Marathon, nutrition, Sports Nutrition. Bookmark the permalink.
Comments are closed.