About Accelerate and our store
Accelerate was conceived from a desire to find one running store where we could shop for everything running. We wanted the best service, knowledge and experience and a friendly approach to our sport. No one seemed to want to put it all together. So that's where the idea of Accelerate came from. Accelerate began by visiting events with a retail event store and with a website. Eventually the Sheffield store opened its doors in February 2009.
Accelerate is actively involved in the local running scene and in 2009 began the Gritstone Series - a number of established fell races, bringing them together as one series.
The store grows by recommendation and draws runners from far and wide. We continue to look at ways of offering more. Having teamed up with Accelerate Performance Centre, bio-mechanics assessment, soft tissue therapy treatment and podiatry is available at Accelerate.
From June 15th the government is advising that the store can reopen. We will be operating on an Appointments ONLY basis to visit the store for shoe and pack fitting.
Our opening times from the 15th will be as follows:
|Monday:||10am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday:||10am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday:||Closed - Front Lawn Home Visits - Details to follow|
|Thursday:||10am - 4:30pm|
|Friday:||10am - 4:30pm|
|Saturday:||10am - 4:30pm|
|Sunday:||Closed - Gone Running!!|
The government has issued a number of guidelines for the store to open and we will be following this guidance. Before we open we will publish a full 'Covid-19 Health Policy' inline with those guidelines, with social distancing being key in that we do. This will be backed up by a policy of regular cleaning of the areas we will all be using. The guidelines will include the following:
- The store will open on the 15th June, operating a strict Appointment system
- Only two customers in the store at anyone time. Please come alone and no pets
- Youngsters requiring shoes or other kit can clearly come along with a single parent
- You will need to bring a clean and fresh pair of socks to try on any shoes. Alternatively, select and purchase a new pair of socks and use these before trying on shoes
- No browsers please. The service we are offering is for those looking to receive the best help and advice that we can offer in selecting the right product for their needs from the store
- All shoes that have been tried on will be sprayed with an appropriate disenfectant
- The changing rooms will be closed. Try any clothing on at home and if you have to return an item it will have to be isolated from the rest of the stock for 72 hours. Clothing must be returned with the original labels still attached
- Refunds can only take place after the 72 hours quarantine period on all goods returned as we can not touch them. Instore we will have a box available that we can seal for this purpose.
Before booking your appointment please read through the whole of this page and our Covid-19 Store Operating Policy which can be found here
To book an appointment to visit the store click here
We run, we race, we coach...
Just loves all things running. Coached to national level, written for all the national running magazines, early advocate and writer on heart rate training principals.
One of a rare breed who never knows when to ‘give in’. National podium finisher in 24hr MTB racing, regular winner in adventure racing and has completed the full Ultra Tour de Mont Blanc.
Harvey likes running everywhere and anywhere, he's a fan of road and fell. He likes races from 5k - 10k but is always up for something new.
Jack first began running at the age of 10 after completing a local Primary School Cross Country for his school. He then moved on to the fells and fell in love with the sport.
Accelerate: Sheffield and the Peak’s Largest dedicated Running Store Road Running, Fell and Trail, along with Adventure Racing are all covered in store. A wide choice of product is backed up with an unprecedented level of experience and running knowledge. At Accelerate we love our running, we would suggest it shows.
With around 2,000sqft of showroom Accelerate offers more than you would expect. The country's largest display of lightweight running backpacks through to one of the most complete shoe fitting services you will find. ‘Total Foot Fit’ & Gait Analysis’ takes into account the length, width and shape of your foot. We also look at their alignment and then under video we can review how the foot lands, moves and supports at mid-stance and then toe off.
A large range of road shoes, for training and racing, is complemented by the areas largest selection of trail and fell shoes. We complement this with kit and gear suitable for high mountain and fell use, including mountain marathons. If you can find the product on this website it is also available in-store and at that price.