BIG Running Weekend : APC Trail School
Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March, 10am - 1pm
Every runner will find they can learn something from the BIG Running Weekend’s Trail School. Hosted by the Accelerate Performance Centre, Trail School will run over two mornings and discuss the essential ingredients that will help you to get more from your trail and ultra running. It could be that you want to achieve new distances or to run that little bit faster, or perhaps it is to be able to run those ‘ups and downs’ with a little more ease. Then there is the matter of planning your training…
"Thank you so much for the trail running school. I have learnt loads and feel improvement already! Huge thanks to Laura and Stuart for their patience and knowledge these past two days"
There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the two mornings and no doubt time to chat after each of the sessions.
The venue is superb being based from the Woodland Discovery Centre, Eccelsall Woods, Sheffield. Cost will be £30, which includes your BIG Running Weekend Pass. Oh, don’t forget your trail shoes and kit as we will be heading outside.
Topics to be covered:
Saturday 23rd March:
10am – 1pm Trail School Part 1
- Training and Racing Goal Setting – understanding the difference is pretty important.
- Race Planning and Priority - How often should I race?
- The Steps to a Peak and Foundation for Endurance Running and Speed Development
- Running Technique Part 1: We begin by discussing what the components are for good running technique across all terrains before we head out for a practical session. Expect a few hills and a session you can take away and use again.
Close and summary
Sunday 24th March:
10am – 1pm Trail School Part 2
- Brief recap from the day before
- Building a Training Plan, which will also include developing endurance, speed and hill strength.
- Using Heart Rate and is it really that beneficial? (and the chance to borrow a Polar Heart Rate Monitor for the upcoming session.) We will also introduce Running Power for the first time.
- The importance of Strength-Stability – it is considered an essential fundamental for all runners.
- Running Technique Part 2: We pick up where we left off from Saturday and get more into the detail of uphill and downhill running technique.
Close and summary.
Your coaches for the two sessions are Laura Inglis and Stu Hale. Both are highly experienced and between them have been coaching for over 40 years. Laura, last year had the unprecedent record of a 100% improvement with the athletes she was working with. She is also considered an authority in developing stable strength for runners.
Stuart, meanwhile has coached Fell and Mountain Runners for a number of years with his athletes achieving British and English Championship wins and podium finishes and is also working with those that have run for their country. He also works for England Athletics as a visiting Coach helping Yorkshire Running Clubs.
Laura and Stuart, are continually working with those new to running whatever their age and ability.
Book now to avoid disappointment - only £30 per person. For a full overview of the weekend's activities >>
Information and your BIG Running Weekend Pass (wrist Band) will sent out to you during the last couple of weeks prior to the event.