"More than a map, a piece of essential equipment"
As used by Skye, Lochaber, Glencoe, Killin, Langdale & Ambleside Mountain Rescue Teams. Harvey produce maps for walkers made by walkers and in our experience are also ideal for running with. The detail is not too much, paths are accurate to what is on the ground and we are seeing race organisers increasingly using Harveys, including organisers of the the 2014 National Fell Running Relay Championships.
"Why a Harvey Map?"
- Maps are clear, detailed and waterproof
- These award winning maps are compiled from original aerial surveys and field checked by our experienced surveyors, themselves hill-walkers.
- Easy to use. They are a manageable size and waterproof.
- Contain information on safety and services and useful telephone numbers
- No administrative symbols obscure the picture.
- Clear print so it is easy to read. Bright colours distinguish different land uses:
"35 Years Of Mapmaking"
The Company was founded in 1977. Founders of the Company were Robin Harvey and Susan Harvey, who remain its Directors to this day. From the beginning, HARVEY specialised in making maps for outdoor recreation, principally walking, cycling, orienteering. Harvey maps have always been based on original mapping derived from new surveys from air photography. In 1977 the company produced the map for the Karrimor International Mountain Marathon. This map was the beginning of what is now an extensive series. The company has only 8 staff and has been based in Doune, Perthshire for the last 28 years.
|National Parks||Challenge Maps||Long Distance Routes|